DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS
Connect with nature at these 4 Texas campsites named the best in America
March's sunny, warm weather is here, and if you're looking for an outdoorsy spring break experience, one of these four Texas sites should be on your itinerary. They've just been named among Campspot's Best Campgrounds in America.
Campspot is an online marketplace and booking website for private campsites; they used 70,000 data points across 12 categories, including community reviews and family-friendly amenities, to determine their rankings.
In the category for Best Campgrounds for National Park Lovers, two Port Aransas resorts came in at the top: Aloha Beach RV Resort was ranked No. 1 and Tropic Island Resortcame in at No. 3. Both were ranked highly thanks to their proximity to local beaches and opportunities for outdoor activities, such as world-class fishing, birding, boating, golf, and more.
Champions Riverside Resort in Gainesville, Wisconsin split the Texas resorts in the ranking at No. 2, while Pokegama Lake RV Park & Golf Course in Pine City, Minnesota (No. 4) and New Jersey’s Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: South Jersey rounded out the top five.
In the Best Campgrounds for Weekenders category, Hidden Falls Adventure Parkin Marble Falls and Lazy L&L Campgroundin New Braunfels ranked No. 4 and No. 5. Hidden Falls is the perfect place for some off-road fun on its sprawling 2,000-acre property, while Lazy L&L is more along the scenic side with a beautiful river frontage across 25 acres.
Ranking above the two Texas sites are three California grounds: Lake Siskiyou Camp Resort in Mt. Shasta City (No. 3), Casini Ranch Family Campground in Duncans Mills (No. 2), and Sun Outdoors Paso Robles (No. 1).
Campspot’s 10 best overall campgrounds in America don’t include any Texas destinations, but are still worth a gander for any out-of-state adventures:
- No. 1 – Indian River RV Resort in Indian River, Minnesota
- No. 2 – On the Saco Family Campground in Brownfield, Maine
- No. 3 – The Nugget RV Resort in Saint Regis, Montana
- No. 4 – Otahki Lake Cabins & Campground in Patterson, Missouri
- No. 5 – Stonebridge RV Resort in Maggie Valley, North Carolina
- No. 6 – Dark Sky RV Campground in Kanab, Utah
- No. 7 – Pecan Park in Jacksonville, Florida
- No. 8 – Kootenai River Campground in Troy, Montana
- No. 9 – Okefenokee Pastimes Cabins & Campground in Folkston, Georgia
- No. 10 – Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park Camp-Resort: Memphis in Horn Lake, Mississippi
The full report can be found on campspot.com.