Dallas-Fort Worth is on the short list for a new queso being tested by Chipotle Mexican Grill. According to a release, the popular burrito chain has launched a new Queso Blanco in 52 restaurants across Dallas, Detroit, and San Diego for a limited time.
The release says "Dallas," but it's really the Dallas-Fort Worth area, including Fort Worth and the mid-cities.
This is a second queso go-round for Chipotle, which has been trying to do a queso that is all-natural; their first stab was in 2017, but customers complained about the consistency.
The new queso uses only "real" ingredients including Monterey Jack cheese, white cheddar, serrano, poblano, and chipotle peppers.
In comparison, the last one had aged cheddar, tomatillos, tomatoes, and several varieties of pepper, according to a spokesperson.
The company says that this new Queso Blanco has a "perfectly smooth texture" and a bold cheese flavor, with a mild spicy heat and smoky finish. You can order it as a side with chips or on top of any burrito bowl.
It has no artificial ingredients and no preservatives.
"Making delicious queso with real ingredients and no artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives is a tough project to take on," says Chipotle VP Nevielle Panthaky. "We listened to our guests and worked tirelessly in our kitchens to make an even better tasting queso. We are proud to have created a delicious recipe for Queso Blanco that uses only high quality, real ingredients that you can pronounce and find in your own kitchens at home."
The queso is being tested first before it's launched nationally. But the release says that initial customer reviews show positive responses as seen in fan tweets. There's also been an increase in Queso Blanco sales across all test markets after the first week.
There are 19 stores in the DFW area doing the queso, as follows:
- 3050 S. Hulen St., Ste. C, Fort Worth
- 4484 Bryant Irvin Rd., Ste. 101, Fort Worth
- 3000 W. 7th St., Fort Worth
- 5001 S. Cooper St., Ste. 125, Arlington
- 6370 Camp Bowie Blvd., Ste. 140, Fort Worth
- 1971 N. U.S. Hwy. 287, Mansfield
- 1519 W. Rosedale St., Fort Worth
- 321 E. Hwy. 377, Granbury
- 6547 Lake Worth Blvd., Ste. 200, Lake Worth
- 6706 Westworth Blvd., Ste. 101, Westworth Village
- 7604 Denton Hwy., Ste. 200, Watauga
- 6100 Long Prairie Rd., Ste. 100A, Flower Mound
- 1440 N. Hwy. 77, Ste. 10, Waxahachie
- 4095 S. Carrier Pkwy., Grand Prairie
- 398 E. FM 1382, Cedar Hill
- 1016 E. Hebron Pkwy., Ste. 144, Carrollton
- 1220 Arkansas Ln., Ste. 100, Arlington
- 39779 LBJ Fwy., Ste. 110, Dallas
- 100 Sharaf Ave., Ste. 104, Red Oak