This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this long holiday weekend? Find that list here.
1. Southlake Town Square to welcome 8 hot new stores and eateries by year's end. The post-pandemic retail comeback continues at Southlake Town Square, with a slew of new openings happening through the end of 2022. Here's a rundown of what's coming soon, where, and when.
2. Fort Worth-based American Airlines adds new nonstop flights to picturesque island nation. Fort Worth-based American Airlines announced May 26 that it’s launching daily nonstop flights between Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport and Auckland, New Zealand, on October 29. The nonstop service, which will operate through March 25, will be the first between the two cities.
3. Texas' largest crystal lagoon dives into Memorial Day weekend with floating cabanas and more. North Texans ready to dive into Memorial Day weekend with a refreshing road trip can aim their cars toward Houston, for Texas’ largest Crystal Lagoons amenity. Lagoonfest Texas returns for its third year with crystal-blue water, white beaches, and the favorite aquabanas — the floating cabanas.
4. Fort Worth's Wild Acre Brewing gets new owners who plan big things. One of Fort Worth's top craft beer brewers has a new owner, and they have very big things planned. Wild Acre Brewing, founded in 2014 by John Pritchett, has been acquired by Dallas' Bishop Cider as part of a crazy-big expansion that includes the acquisition of another brewery in Arlington.
5. Fort Worth Medical District bags some burnin' hot Nashville chicken. A spicy hot chicken concept from California has debuted in Texas: Called Burnin' Mouth Chicken, the restaurant just opened in Fort Worth at 1229 8th Ave. #127, advantageously located right in the thick of the Near Southside/Medical District, where it's serving its version of the Nashville hot chicken sandwich, along with chicken strips, wings, and fries.