This Week's Hot Headlines
Reverse happy hours top off this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bars with reverse happy hours. A term that’s beginning to build momentum, “reverse happy hour” refers to a late-night version of the typical happy hour discounts on drinks and bar food. Here are five top Fort Worth go-to’s for the burgeoning reverse happy hour — because saving money will always bring happiness, no matter what time of day.
2. Academy of Country Music Awards return to Dallas-Fort Worth for 2023 show. The next Academy of Country Music Awards will take place at Ford Center at The Star in Frisco on May 11, 2023. The 2023 edition of the Academy of Country Music Awards will mark a return to Texas for the first time since the landmark 50th ACM Awards, which took place at AT&T Stadium in Arlington in 2015.
3. Big BBQ switchup tops this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news. This roundup of Fort Worth dining news has plenty of big news: big openings in the world of BBQ, desserts, and top chefs. There's also new menus and new lunch at an award-winning pizzeria. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
4. These are the 7 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. There’ll have been multiple ways to escape (at least mentally) this week, and they continue into the weekend. Pretend to be on the beaches of Mexico at one of two National Tequila Day celebrations, for instance.
5. 5 postcard-worthy family getaways from Fort Worth on one tank of gas. High gas prices, expensive airfare, airport headaches, and pricey car rental fees make travel planning a little more difficult this summer. But a postcard-worthy family vacation is just one gas tank away thanks to picturesque resorts and parks located within a short road trip from Fort Worth.