This Week's Hot Headlines
Unique '50s home for sale leads this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want a list of best things to do this weekend? Find that here.
1. '50s house for sale in south Fort Worth is in impeccable original condition. There's a '50s house for sale in Fort Worth that's not only in original condition, it's also in great shape. That's a combination you don't often see. The house, built in 1957, is located at 4100 S. Henderson St., in south Fort Worth.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 hottest spots for tequila and margaritas. Texans love their tequila. Sales of the Mexican spirit in the Lone Star State are the second highest in the country. Here are the five best places for tequila in Fort Worth right now, from next-level margaritas to creative new cocktails.
3. Texas music icons George Strait and Willie Nelson to share stage for just 2nd time in history. On the cowboy boot heels of his acclaimed headlining performances at this year’s ACL Music Festival, the king of country music George Strait will not, in fact, ride away. He's returning to the stage with another Texas music legend, Willie Nelson, in a shared-stage performance that's happened just once before in the icons' storied careers.
4. One Texas billionaire is richer than Fort Worth's Alice Walton, Forbes says. No shocker here: The latest Forbes 400 list puts Tesla and SpaceX guru Elon Musk at No. 2 among the richest Americans and No. 1 among the richest Texans. Before Musk arrived in the Lone Star State, Walmart heir Alice Walton of Fort Worth ranked as the richest person in Texas. She’s now in second place, with a net worth estimated at $67.9 billion (up from last year's estimated $62.3 billion).
5. It's bath bombs away at Lush Cosmetics' blissful new Fort Worth pop-up. Holiday shopping just got a little bit bubblier and a whole lot fizzier in Fort Worth, with the opening of Lush Fresh Handmade Cosmetics' very first pop-up at The Shops at Clearfork. The store's limited run will last only until January 15.