This Week's Hot Headlines
New 1883 trailer blazes into this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want a list of best things to do this weekend? Find that here. Looking for spectacular Christmas lights around town? That list is here.
1. Official trailer for Yellowstone spinoff 1883 debuts with killer line about Fort Worth. The official trailer for Yellowstone prequel 1883 dropped on Friday, December 3 — and it includes one killer line about Fort Worth. Creator Taylor Sheridan's Paramount+ series, which was shot in and around Fort Worth last summer, premieres on December 19. It's being billed as one of the buzziest new shows of the year.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 hottest new bars for December. Five new Fort Worth bars opened whisper-quietly right under our noses. Two are part of new hotels, one doubles as a distillery, another, a wine retail shop, and the newest is a beer garden located in a familiar setting. All are worth a visit this month, whether for pre-holiday party or post-family gathering libations — or perhaps for a main event of its own.
3. Get a taste of Chicago at cute Arlington restaurant Dimples 'N Wings. There's a restaurant in Arlington that is bringing a little taste of Chicago, although you wouldn't know it by the name. Called Dimples Fries N Wings, it's at 5700 S Collins St. #100, at the corner of Green Oaks Boulevard, located right next door to a gas station, in what used to be a shop called Po' Boys.
4. 2 Dallas-Fort Worth freeways crash onto new list of deadliest roads in the U.S. Several of the most clogged roads in the U.S. crisscross Texas. Now, two major highways in Dallas-Fort Worth qualify for another dubious distinction: They’re among the 10 deadliest roads in the country. In a new study from Austin-based insurance marketplace The Zebra, Interstate 20 ranks as the country's second most deadly road on a per-mile basis. I-35 appears at No. 5.
5. Bombshells military-themed breastaurant drops new location in Arlington. A Houston restaurant chain is dropping Bombshells on Dallas-Fort Worth: The military-themed Bombshells Restaurant & Bar has opened a location in Arlington, at 701 N. Watson Rd. (off State Highway 360), in a space previously home to Red Neck Heaven, and there's two more in the works.