This Week's Hot Headlines
New Airstream resort rolls into this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New retro-cool Airstream resort rolls in near Fort Worth for social distance staycations. Dreams of an Airstream quarantine are coming true with the opening of The Range Vintage Trailer Resort in Bristol, about 60 minutes southeast of Fort Worth. The retro resort features 15 open sites for trailer hook-up and six renovated Airstreams and vintage trailers to rent.
2. Bird-themed restaurant in Fort Worth's Sundance Square flies away. After seven years, a restaurant in downtown Fort Worth is calling it quits: Bird Café, located on the edge of Sundance Square Plaza, will close on May 22. Owner Shannon Wynne blames the coronavirus for the closure.
3. Fort Worth-area luxury department store closes for good amid COVID-19. In the latest post-COVID comeback attempt, Nordstrom began to reopen stores across Texas on Tuesday, May 12 — but sadly, one is being closed for good. And that one is at North East Mall in Hurst.
4. Just one Texas hotel claims coveted spot on Conde Nast Traveler 2020 Hot List. A downtown Austin hotel has claimed Texas' only spot on Conde Nast Traveler's Hot List, the second year in a row a property in Texas' capital city has taken the honor. Austin Proper Hotel & Residences, a luxury hotel and condo tower, has nabbed the honor.
5. Fort Worth awarded EPA grant for silos in Southside neighborhood. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has awarded the city of Fort Worth a $300,000 grant designated to help clean up areas in the Southside neighborhood. The grant is called a Brownfields Assessment Coalition Grant.