This Week's Hot Headlines
New birria taco shop tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth's birria taco queen readies new restaurant for opening day. One of Fort Worth's most hotly anticipated restaurants is preparing for its brick-and-mortar debut: Calisience, a food truck that draws sell-out crowds for its crispy birria tacos, will open in a permanent space at 2707 Race St. Owner Jacqueline Anaya says it's too soon to pin down an opening date, but she's aiming for August.
2. 10 affluent Dallas-Fort Worth counties make bank as richest in Texas, new report shows. Based on its geographic size, Rockwall County is the smallest county in Texas, at just 149 square miles. But don’t let its size fool you when it comes to wealth. Rockwall County also is the richest county in the state — and it's not the only DFW county to make the wealthiest list.
3. This roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news has breakfast on the brain. If you're a morning person, this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news has you in mind. It's loaded with tidbits about breakfast, brunch, and everything in between. There's new breakfast restaurants, new breakfast menus, and a little coffee news for good measure.
4. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bars for frosty frozen cocktails. Oh, hello summer. You’re sure early this year. North Texas has been seeing a record-breaking heat wave. While temperatures are hovering around 15 degrees above normal, a frozen cocktail might be the only solution to keeping cool … and sane. Find respite at these five Fort Worth fan favorites for frosty beverages.
5. These are the 8 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. This week bring the highly anticipated return of one of Fort Worth’s most iconic burger joints with a grand opening celebration in a new location. There's also a big fried chicken and craft beer fest this weekend. Save room for a beer-pairing dinner on Monday that’s sure to bring on the “meat sweats.”