This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. These popular Fort Worth patios have reopened for dining al fresco. While the pandemic continues, patios are proving popular for folks who’d rather not dine indoors, and those simply looking for a fresh change of scenery. Here are some of Fort Worth’s best patios that have reopened to diners — all adhering to COVID-19 precautions.
2. New Aldi supermarket brings discount groceries to far north Fort Worth. A new supermarket known for its super cheap prices is opening in far north Fort Worth. Aldi, the discount grocery chain, will open a location at 5129 Golden Triangle Blvd., east of I-35W.
3. It's curtains for Fort Worth-based Pier 1, but 2 other home-goods stores reopen. In very sad news, longtime Fort Worth-based Pier 1 Imports is calling it quits, while two home-goods chains have reopened their Dallas-Fort Worth stores.
4. New Fort Worth music venue fills valuable niche for mid-sized shows. Tulips FTW, a new music venue in Fort Worth that has tentatively set its opening date for August 2020, is set to fill a niche the city has been without for almost 20 years.
5. Fort Worth's Coyote Drive-In revs up summer with new live concert series. Fort Worth's Coyote Drive-In has hopped on the hottest trend of our social-distanced summer of 2020: the drive-in concert. The inaugural show in the new Coyote Drive-in Concert Series will take place Saturday, May 23.