Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Bargain hunters store with big discounts opens at Northeast Mall in Hurst. A new store that specializes in liquidations is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Called Quicklotz Liquidations, it's opening what it calls a one-of-a-kind shopping experience at Northeast Mall in Hurst.
2. $2.9 million Fort Worth penthouse aims for the top with TV star-studded firm. Residential real estate firm Douglas Elliman Texas — which draws star power from the Bravo reality TV show Million Dollar Listing — just made its official entry into the Fort Worth home sales market. Its first listing is a two-story penthouse at Montgomery Plaza with a $2.9 million price tag.
3. Coolest new development coming to Fort Worth features Quonset Huts. A new development is in the works near Fort Worth's Medical District that will incorporate apartments, offices, and retail, including a new vegan restaurant from the owners of Fort Worth's pioneering Spiral Diner. The cool part: It'll feature Quonset Huts, those groovy curvy buildings that date back to the 1940s.
4. Gymnastics queen Simone Biles crowned national champ for 7th time in thrilling Fort Worth competition. Before an adoring crowed that cheered her every stunt and television cameras that followed her every move, Simone Biles vaulted, flipped, and stuck the landing on a record seventh national title at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships at Fort Worth's Dickies Arena on June 6. She was crowned with a cowboy hat.
5. 2 Dallas-Fort Worth lakes flow onto list of Texas spots with most million-dollar listings. If you’re looking to dive into the market for high-end lake homes in Texas, look no further than the pool of real estate in your own backyard. In Dallas-Fort Worth, two lakes are among the seven places in Texas with the most lake homes priced at $1 million or more.