This Week's Hot Headlines
Cliburn finalists go for gold in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Cliburn names 6 finalists going for gold at 2022 competition in Fort Worth. Six pianists moved on to the final round of the Sixteenth Van Cliburn International Piano Competition on June 12, setting the stage for an epic showdown to the end. These are the six finalists who are now vying for a gold medal, $100,000 cash, and an international career. The winner will be crowned Saturday, June 18. UPDATE 6-18-2022: The Cliburn Competition winners have been announced; find the list here.
2. Post Malone comes home to Dallas-Fort Worth with 2 big shows including Dickies Arena. Former Grapevine resident and current rap-pop superstar Post Malone is headed back to the Lone Star State on a new North American tour — and Dallas-Fort Worth gets not one but two big shows. He hits Dallas’ American Airlines Center on October 21 and Fort Worth’s Dickies Arena on October 26.
3. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 8 hottest happy hours for June. Like sweltering summer temperatures, prices for everything are on the rise. Thank goodness for happy hour deals, which make dining and imbibing a little more affordable, which means more fun, too. Cheers to these eight current Fort Worth deals on drinks and eats during happy hour — possibly the happiest (and cheapest) time of day.
4. 9 insider tips to have the best time at the 2022 Cliburn Piano Competition. When the iconic Van Cliburn International Piano Competition comes to town every four years (or five when there's a worldwide pandemic), the eyes of the classical music world turn to Fort Worth like it's a host city for the Olympic Games. But lucky Fort Worthians don't just have to ogle the action from afar; they can catch it in person. Here are nine insider tips to have the best experience.
5. Chicken restaurant Wing It On! hatches first DFW location in Fort Worth. A new wing joint has come to Texas, bringing "wings 'n wiches" to Fort Worth. Called Wing It On!, it's a small chain based in North Carolina that's opening its only location in Texas, in none other than Fort Worth. The restaurant is going into a new center in the far southwest corner of Fort Worth, at 5329 Sycamore School Rd. #105.