This Week's Hot Headlines
Alamo Drafthouse theater's revival tops this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Former Fort Worth-area Alamo Drafthouse comes alive again under new owner. B&B Theatres, the nation’s largest privately held theater chain, has acquired the former Alamo Drafthouse location in North Richland Hills, with the aim of reopening the theater somewhere around the holiday season in 2022. Located at 8380 Davis Blvd., the theater was opened by Alamo Drafthouse in April 2019, and, after a few fits and starts, it permanently closed in February 2022.
2. Acclaimed chef opens dreamy new global taco restaurant in Bedford. An exciting new taqueria has opened in Bedford from award-winning chef Chetra Chau. Called Dream Tacos, it's a global fusion taco restaurant and bar, which opened on July 4 at 2807 Central Dr., conveniently next to Chau's acclaimed restaurant Chetra's Kitchen Grill & Bistro.
3. Queen of Country Reba McEntire makes rare tour stop in Fort Worth. Country music legend Reba McEntire is extending her arena tour, "Reba: Live in Concert," including a stop at Fort Worth's Dickies Arena on October 14. Tickets for the tour went on sale Friday, July 15.
4. Christmas-obsessed Fort Worth neighbor unwraps new ice skating rink for 2022 holidays. The "Christmas Capital of Texas" is adding a festive new feature for the 2022 holiday season: Grapevine will debut an outdoor ice skating rink along Historic Main Street in November. The 4,500-square-foot outdoor ice rink — which, yes, will be real ice — will open on November 18, and remain operational for 52 days, through January 8.
5. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 sizzling hot new restaurants to try. We're in the middle of a heat wave and that's the inspiration for this edition of Where to Eat in Fort Worth right now, our monthly roundup of places to try. This list comprises five sizzling hot new restaurants — hot because they're new, and also hot because at least one is just plain hot, like burn-your-mouth hot.