This Week's Hot Headlines
Revered Chinese restaurant's closure leads this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Acclaimed Chinese restaurant in Fort Worth shutters due to staffing issues. An acclaimed Chinese restaurant in the South Main area of Fort Worth is closing its doors: Cannon Chinese Kitchen, which boasted some of the best authentic Chinese food in Fort Worth, will be closing on August 7. Owners Jarry, Mary, and Casey Ho posted the news on Facebook, attributing the closure to problems with staffing.
2. 3 fun weekend events in Dallas-Fort Worth call it quits due to COVID-19. As COVID-19 rushes back for its great summer encore among (mainly) the unvaccinated in Dallas-Fort Worth, it's bringing with it the dreaded cancellation of fun things, which fans of fun things suffered through in 2020. Hopefully last weekend was not the start of an un-fun trend, but three event cancellations all citing the same reasons warranted a warning.
3. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 restaurants with best pandemic patios. With COVID-19 cases now starting to creep back up in Fort Worth, outdoor dining may be the safest way to eat out these days. We're talking patios. These days they are increasingly weatherized, with fans and misters to cool things down during the hot summer. For this month’s Where to Eat column, we offer five of our fave patios.
4. Post Malone brings back Posty Fest in Arlington bigger than ever before. After a year off due to the 2020 pandemic, it's time for the return of Posty Fest, the now-annual festival organized by and starring tattooed Dallas-Fort Worth hero and incredibly successful rapper Post Malone. The event will take place at A&T Stadium in Arlington on October 30-31. Two days for the first time, instead of one. Twice as much Posty Fest as ever before.
5. Fort Worth's 10 best bars give us all kinds of ways to enjoy a sip. The time has come for the return of the CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, our annual culinary celebration, making its comeback with our signature in-person tasting event and awards program. This is the first installment of our special editorial series in which we'll go over all of the nominees. Our first category is Best Bars: the places we go to socialize with friends, toast an accomplishment, or just enjoy a cocktail or cold beer.