This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Revolver Taco Lounge in Fort Worth's Sundance Square closes abruptly. A high-profile taqueria has abruptly closed in Fort Worth: Revolver Taco Lounge, which opened with great fanfare in Sundance Square at the beginning of the summer, closed on August 14, barely two months after they opened.
2. 10 best restaurants in Fort Worth for 2021 do the city proud. Fort Worth's top restaurants for 2021 represent a deliciously varied lineup, from pizza to BBQ to trendy Asian to chef fare. Before we honored them at the Tastemaker Awards, we highlighted these, the 10 best restaurants for 2021.
3. Olympics' biggest stars join Simone Biles for thrilling gymnastics showcase in Fort Worth. Jordan Chiles, MyKayla Skinner, Jade Carey, and Grace McCallum dazzled Fort Worth at the U.S. Gymnastics Championships before they won a trove of Olympic medals in Tokyo — and now they're coming back to entertain fans in a thrilling gymnastics "spectacular." Nearly every member of the Team USA gymnastics squad will join headliner Simone Biles on the Gold Over America Tour stopping at Dickies Arena on October 9.
4. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 7 best frozen cocktail flights. The heat is on, and the time is right to sip something frozen — stat. But decisions, decisions…with so many summer-licious flavors showing up on menus, it’s challenging to choose just one frosty concoction. The solution is a frozen cocktail flight. Here are seven of the best frozen flights around Fort Worth.
5. Fort Worth's best restaurant, chef, and more winners crowned at 2021 Tastemaker Awards. In a year that saw the food and beverage industry recovering from the devastating effects of the COVID-19 pandemic, Dallas-Fort Worth's talented and hard-working culinary stars deserved to be celebrated at the 2021 CultureMap Tastemaker Awards. The winners have finally been revealed.