This Week's Hot Headlines
New rooftop cinema premieres in this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Buzzy Rooftop Cinema Club comes to downtown Fort Worth to offer movies with a view. A new kind of moviegoing experience will come to Fort Worth this fall when Rooftop Cinema Club opens on the outdoor terrace of The Worthington Renaissance hotel on Tuesday, October 4.
2. Prominent home on River Crest Country Club opens for sale of ‘museum-quality’ antiques. A century-old house across from the first hole of Fort Worth's River Crest Country Club is opening to the public, and behind the doors is a treasure trove of rare antiques being sold through an estate sale, September 1-3.
3. Fort Worth chef Tim Love pulls the plug on his 3 Houston restaurants. Fort Worth chef Tim Love has bid the Bayou City farewell. The celebrity chef has closed the three restaurants he operated in Houston, two of which were spinoffs of Fort Worth staples.
4. 8 Dallas-Fort Worth cities rank among top Texas magnets for movers in 2022. Dallas-Fort Worth leads the state’s major metro areas for popularity as a moving destination, a new report shows. Eight DFW cities rank in the top 20 in moveBuddha’s new list of the Texas cities where the share of people seeking to move in outweighs the share of people seeking to move out.
5. 1883 star Faith Hill to receive prestigious award from Cowgirl Hall of Fame in Fort Worth. Country superstar and actress Faith Hill will receive the Patsy Montana Award at the National Cowgirl Museum and Hall of Fame's 46th Annual Induction Luncheon and Ceremony on November 15 at Fort Worth's Dickies Arena.