Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Out-of-this-world new pop-culture gallery blasts into Dallas-Fort Worth. North Texas' newest art gallery is both locally owned and from a galaxy far, far away. The pop culture-focused Galactic Gallery is set to open its doors at the end of September in Flower Mound. It is the creation of Ben Stevens (with help from his daughter Julie), who founded Dallas Comic Con and ran the show for more than two decades.
2. 5 reasons North Texas Cheer coach Monica Aldama will win Dancing With the Stars. In cheerleader speak, Monica Aldama has made mat. The coach of the Navarro College cheer team in Corsicana and star of Netflix hit series Cheer will compete on Season 29 of Dancing with the Stars, beginning September 14. Aldama has coached fearless flyers, powerful tumblers, and superb stunters to 14 national championships. Here are five reasons why she'll take home the DWTS mirror ball trophy.
3. New wine-inspired Hotel Vin pops the cork in historic Grapevine. A long-awaited boutique hotel in Grapevine is finally sabering the champagne. Hotel Vin, Autograph Collection — a 120-room luxury hotel located in the town's bustling historic district — debuted Thursday, September 3, with grand-opening fanfare extending through the long Labor Day weekend. Part of the new, $114 million Grapevine Main development, the hotel nods to the city's history as a wine-producing region.
4. Korean fried chicken restaurant east of Fort Worth dearly loves its beer. A new restaurant brings Korean fried chicken to Watauga, with a cool twist: The chicken is paired with beer. Called Mighty Chick Beer Chicken, it's a fast-casual restaurant at 8247 Rufe Snow Dr., in the spot once occupied by Pickles BBQ & Icehouse.
5. These are the 6 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. While the majority of events around Fort Worth have either been postponed or canceled, there are a few that have popped up to offer the masses some entertainment while still adhering to the social distancing necessary during the coronavirus pandemic. This weekend's top picks include a red dirt country band, the final Sunday Funday, and more.