Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Choctaw resort debuts new hotel and casino 2 hours' drive from Fort Worth. An entertainment destination for many North Texans has opened a much anticipated major expansion: Choctaw Casino & Resort in Durant, Oklahoma, has debuted the new Sky Tower Hotel and a casino, expanding its status as a quick getaway destination.
2. Fort Worth's iconic Paris Coffee Shop presses pause for renovations. Fort Worth is facing a breakfast crisis, but it's only short-term: Paris Coffee Shop, one of the city's oldest restaurants, closed for renovation at the end of lunch service September 3. The breakfast-lunch icon at 704 W. Magnolia Ave. in the Near Southside will reopen at the same location in early 2022 but with a fresh face.
3. These are the 12 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. It's a concert-heavy weekend around Fort Worth, with five different concerts taking place at various venues. There's also a theater/dance festival, great stand-up comedy, a movie about tennis, a horror movie convention, the start of the Halloween season, an open house for area art galleries, and an Italian car showcase. These are the best ways to spend your precious free time this weekend.
4. Second Rodeo Brewing beer garden opens in Fort Worth's Stockyards. A new brewery and live music venue is coming to Fort Worth's Stockyards. Called Second Rodeo Brewing, it's an indoor/outdoor destination from the team behind the Truck Yard beer garden chain, and will open at Mule Alley at 122 E. Exchange Ave. on Thursday, September 16.
5. Here's your big shot for single tickets to Hamilton in Fort Worth. Hamilton tickets, the reprise: Single tickets for the rescheduled run of Hamilton, January 18-February 6, 2022 at Bass Performance Hall, will go on sale to the public at 10 am Monday, September 13, producer Jeffery Seller and Performing Arts Fort Worth have revealed. And there's only one way to get them.