This Week's Hot Headlines
Buzzy biscuit restaurant rises in this week's 5 most popular Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Biscuits are ready at Fort Worth's favorite pop-up turned restaurant. Fort Worth's buzzy biscuit-themed restaurant pop-up has set the date: Hot Box Biscuit Club, which has been hosting monthly brunch pop-ups at restaurants around town for nearly three years, will open at Main + Broad in October.
2. Dallas Cowboys' Tony Romo biopic headlines 2019 Fort Worth film festival. The Lone Star Film Festival has announced the first 10 films for its 2019 edition, set for November 13-17 in downtown Fort Worth. Among the notable movies in the first batch is the Fort Worth premiere of the documentary Now or Never: A Tony Romo Story.
3. Burgers and ice cream lead the fun in this Fort Worth restaurant news. Fort Worth wins with more action and openings than any other city in the DFW area. (Sorry, Dallas.) There are fun new menu items, veggie burgers, and chicken. So much chicken.
4. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bars for brunch cocktails. As the old saying goes, “You can’t drink all day, unless you start in the morning.” Plus, getting out of bed is easier when there’s a Bloody Mary waiting.
5. These are the 12 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. As is often the case, events in and around Fort Worth this weekend feature a wide variety of subject matter. Most prominent will be music. You can also see one of the best movies of the year, attend a new local theater production, and more.