Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New drive-in at beloved Fort Worth theater has serious retro vibes. From concerts to movies to theater, drive-ins are dominating our entertainment options this year. But the newest option, based at Hip Pocket Theatre's al fresco performance space, has a retro bent. Called Rocket Cinema Drive-In, it will screen comedy classics with live accompaniment.
2. Cookie wars are on in north Fort Worth with 2 sweet openings. North Fort Worth is swimming in chocolate chips, as two popular chains specializing in cookie deliveries have new locations in the works, and they're almost mere blocks apart. It's a cookie faceoff between Tiff's Treats and Crumbl Cookies.
3. Fort Worth Opera hires visionary new leader with plans to meet the moment. After three years of leadership turnover and a six-month international search, Fort Worth Opera has appointed Afton Battle its new general director. An historic hire, Battle is the first woman and Black individual to lead FWO in its 75-year history.
4. Grapevine welcomes 2 new award-winning wineries to its famed wine trail. Well known for being a wine destination, Grapevine is welcoming two new acclaimed Texas wineries who will open tasting rooms on the Grapevine Urban Trail. Bull Lion Winery and Landon Winery join the city's famed collection of winery tasting rooms located within close proximity of one another, many in Historic Downtown Grapevine.
5. These are the 7 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. The best ways to spend your free time in Fort Worth this weekend include live and virtual concerts, a haunting Halloween experience at Six Flags, a film at the Modern, and more.