Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Dallas-Fort Worth's newest amusement: A company that lets you play with bulldozers. There's a new entertainment option open in North Texas that's perfect for anyone who's watched a laborer operating a bulldozer and thought, "Boy, that looks like fun." Called Extreme Sandbox, it's described as a heavy-equipment adventure company, and has just opened a location at The Station in Sachse, about an hour northeast of Fort Worth.
2. Historic theater in Fort Worth's Northside gets ready for the spotlight. A historic, iconic building in Fort Worth is on the final stretch of a marvelous makeover that will result in an exciting new entertainment space. Called Downtown Cowtown at the Isis Theatre, it's a former theater at 2401 N. Main St. that's being renovated by a theater-loving couple, and promises to bring something special to the Stockyards.
3. VP candidate Kamala Harris comes to Fort Worth on Texas campaign tour. It was announced on October 28 that Kamala Harris, California senator and Democratic candidate for Vice President, would be coming to Texas. The running mate of Presidential candidate Joe Biden visited three Texas cities on October 30, including Fort Worth, Houston, and McAllen. The visit came on the last day of early voting in Texas, ahead of the November 3 election.
4. Hike and bike along wild parts of Trinity at remote Dallas-area preserve. Goat Island Preserve started one intrepid explorer's 2020 expedition to parks around Dallas-Fort Worth. It is part of the system set up by Dallas County to preserve natural wilderness areas. Some of its trails go right along the Trinity River — and in this area, it looks like a real river.
5. These are the 11 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. As one would expect, Halloween weekend is your last chance to take in the variety of haunted experiences in the Fort Worth area. But they're not the only great events this weekend. There are also concerts, comedy shows, and films worthy of your free time. Here are the best ways to spend precious hours before Monday morning rolls around.