This Week's Hot Headlines
New West 7th bar stirs up this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Hot Deep Ellum restaurant and bar re-creates magic at new Fort Worth location. One of Dallas' hottest bar stories is bringing its mojo to Fort Worth: Stirr, a modern American restaurant, patio, and rooftop bar that first debuted in 2016 in Deep Ellum, now has a brand-new spinoff located in the West 7th District.
2. Southlake restaurant shut down after owner arrested in prostitution ring. A Southlake restaurant has been shut down following an investigation into prostitution by the Dallas Police Department. Dragon House, which opened in May, has been closed, and its owner, Yong Bei-Wang-Murphy, who went by "Lucy," was arrested.
3. These are the 13 best things to do in Fort Worth this weekend. Not surprisingly, it's another eccentric weekend of events around Fort Worth. Among the choices will be a book talk from two internet celebrities, car racing aplenty, a visit from a Broadway legend, and a festival headlined by a local musician who also happens to be popular worldwide.
4. Teacher-sweethearts' Fort Worth wedding is a dreamy night at the museum. A few days shy of the couple’s one-year anniversary, Landan Juarez proposed to Summer Lenton, and the planning for their wedding on July 13, 2019 began. First task: choose a reception venue that needed minimal décor. The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth fit the bill.
5. This Fort Worth neighbor splashes onto list of best small cities in the U.S. Southlake sports an impressive record of athletic success. But this Fort Worth neighbor excels in much more. On October 28, personal finance website WalletHub ranked Southlake the 14th best small city in the U.S.