This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bars for day drinking. It’s the most wonderful time of the year, when frantic last-minute shopping and the onslaught of holiday gatherings can combine for a bit of chaos. Find respite from it all by bellying up to the bar at these establishments well-suited for daytime imbibing. Bonus: they’re all located in high-profile shopping destinations — convenient for some "me time" while knocking out final purchases for everyone else.
2. Veteran Dallas Tex-Mex arrives and more Fort Worth restaurant news. Like a Christmas present, Fort Worth is enjoying new restaurant openings to unwrap for the holidays as well as new seasonal menus and some sweet new beers. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
3. Fort Worth patches West 7th District's parking problem with 2 free hours. In an effort to improve its plagued parking situation, Fort Worth's West 7th District will now give away two hours of free parking before 5 pm. According to a release, this amendment addresses concerns from business owners who maintain that the on-street metered parking that was installed in 2018 has contributed to a decline in business.
4. Panther City BBQ spinoff combines 2 glorious things: barbecue & tacos. A late-night taqueria specializing in barbecue-beef tacos will soon open in a space already known for expertly smoked meats. Panther City BBQ — one of Fort Worth's most well-known barbecue joints — will open a new taqueria concept in the same space as its barbecue restaurant.
5. Fort Worth couple hosts magical sunset wedding full of spring flowers. An outdoor sunset dinner amid a bountiful backdrop of spring flowers is all Sara Bond wanted for her wedding celebration to Randy Griffin on May 4, 2019. A massive, clear outdoor tent at the Heart of the Ranch at Clearfork allowed for just that.