Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. The 11 best ways to party on New Year's Eve in Dallas-Fort Worth. New Year's Eve always includes some fantastic events around DFW, at which revelers can dance, count down to midnight, and take in some spectacular fireworks. Here are some of your best options to finish out the decade and bring in 2020 in style, whether you want to stay in Fort Worth or check into a Dallas hotel for one of the big bashes in Big D.
2. Cheers to top Fort Worth restaurants for New Year's Day 2020 brunch. New Year’s Day falls on a Wednesday this year, but that’s not stopping these restaurants from celebrating the new decade with their best versions of weekend brunch. Rise and dine with hangover-curing favorites, like eggs Benedict, bloody Marys, and mimosas. One establishment is even hosting on-site rehydration IV treatments. Welcome to 2020.
3. Glitter-obsessed bride sprinkles Fort Worth wedding with sparkle and glitz galore. Alexis Nabors loves glitter — so much that friends, family and even work colleagues know her as “Sparkles.” So when she became engaged to boyfriend Tanner Belt, a sparkly ceremony and reception were in order.
4. The 10 top arts and entertainment stories that thrilled Fort Worth in 2019. This year was a smash hit for arts and entertainment in Fort Worth. As the year comes to a close, we look back at the 10 most popular A&E stories of 2019. These are the new attractions, museum happenings, event roundups, and newsy developments that earned applause from our CultureMap audience.
5. The 6 most memorable onstage moments in Dallas-Fort Worth theater 2019. This year, Dallas-Fort Worth theater companies really doubled down on local work, a trend that only seems to be growing in 2020. Before we get there, though, let's take a look back at some of the biggest moments of 2019 in the DFW performing arts world.