This week's hot headlines
$14 million estate for sale leads this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Extravagant estate with helipad and hangar lands on market for $14.25 million near Fort Worth. A secluded, 25.3-acre estate less than an hour from Fort Worth is a self-sufficient mini-city with nearly anything anyone could possibly need. It is now on the market for $14.25 million and is one of the 10 most expensive listings in Texas.
2. These Dallas-Fort Worth companies rank among Texas' top employers for 2023, says Fortune. Dallas-Fort Worth workers looking for their next employment opportunity might want to consider the long list of local companies that were just named the Best Workplaces in Texas for 2023 by Fortune and Great Place to Work.
3. 15-year-old South Korean pianist wins 2023 Cliburn International Junior Competition. Seokyoung Hong, a 15-year-old phenom from South Korea, took home the top prize at the 2023 Cliburn International Junior Piano Competition and Festival in Dallas on Saturday, June 17. Yifan Wu, 14, of China, won second place, and third prize went to Jan Schulmeister, 16, of Czechia.
4. Fort Worth ranks No. 4 hottest market for real estate development in last decade. A new report has discovered Texas cities hold the top five most active real estate development markets in the country, with Fort Worth landing at No. 4 (and edging out fifth-ranked Dallas).
5. Sneak peek at Bojangles chicken chain before they make their Euless debut. The arrival of Cajun fried chicken chain Bojangles in Texas draws near, with the first location just south of DFW Airport at 201 E. Euless Blvd. in Euless, opening on June 27 — giving Texans a chance to see what all the fuss is about. Here's a sneak peek.