This week's hot headlines
Local BBQ restaurants sizzle in this week's 5 most popular Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. 3 Fort Worth restaurants make best new BBQ list by New York Times. The New York Times has shined its spotlight on the new faces of Texas barbecue. Fort Worth-area spots that make the list include Goldee’s Barbecue, Smoke ‘N Ash Barbecue, and Vaqueros Bar-B-Q.
2. Major opening and a surprise re-set top this Fort Worth restaurant news. In Fort Worth dining news, the top items include a new restaurant opening with a high-profile chef, and a surprising reset of a restaurant in Grapevine. There's also sweet summer menu activity and a must-have limited-edition collection of cookies.
3. Bluebonnet country estate built by renowned Texas architect blooms on market for $5.95 million. Off a Brenham highway and up a winding dirt road that meanders through wildflower fields sits The Citadel. This historic venue, once conceived as a golf course — and later reimagined as a private residence — sits on 48 acres and is currently on the market for $5.95 million.
4. Paris Baguette brings croissants and sweet things to buzzy Arlington center. International bakery-café Paris Baguette is bringing sweet things to Arlington, with the opening of a new location in the Arlington Highlands mega-shopping center at I-20 and Matlock Road. The bakery will reside at 4000 Five Points Blvd. #101, in a former Sleep Experts place.
5. Over-the-top Barbie party will turn Southlake theater into glittery pink paradise. We've been living in a Barbie world since the first whispers of a Greta Gerwig-created Barbie movie were uttered years ago. The film that has since sparked a viral fashion trend and caused a global shortage of pink paint is finally opening July 21 - and a Southlake theater is inviting fans to step inside a real-life Barbie dream world on opening weekend.