This week's hot headlines
Fort Worth's ranking as a 'house rich' city leads this week's 5 hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Fort Worth is the 4th most 'house rich' city in America, report finds. With high interest rates and home prices making daily headlines, houses in Texas' current real estate market may seem out of reach for many potential homebuyers. But that isn't the case in Fort Worth. A new study has revealed Fort Worth is the No. 4 most "house rich" major city in the nation.
2. All the electrifying new displays to see at Lightscape 2023 in Fort Worth. The Fort Worth Botanic Garden is all lit up, merry and bright, for the second year of Lightscape, the holiday sensation that debuted to sell-out crowds in 2022. Last year's visitors who might wonder if Year Two will feature all the same experiences and photo ops are in for many surprises: The 2023 edition was reimagined from entry to exit, with 15 all-new installations joining just three of last year's fan favorites.
3. Vibrant Thai-Laotian restaurant joins rich lineup at Grapevine food hall. Harvest Hall, the European-style food hall in historic Grapevine, has an exciting new concept: Called Thai Esane, it's a Thai and Laotian restaurant from Nashville. Thai Esane features dishes from the northeastern region of Thailand, combining classic Thai and Laotian cuisine made with traditional methods.
4. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 6 best spots for brunch cocktails. Today’s brunch beverages are fancier than ever, spiked with vodka or high-end tequila, served with big garnishes of fresh fruit and herbs, and topped with crisp bubbly for the perfect toast. Here are six places for lip-smacking brunch libations, all of which are great for entertaining guests in town this holiday season.
5. Buzzy Mansfield center signs up 5 new restaurants including Portillo's. Thriving Mansfield center The Shops at Broad has ramped up its game with the addition of five national restaurants to its tenant list - including cult-favorite Chicago-style hot dog chain Portillo's. This will be the chain's first location in Mansfield, and the sixth in the DFW area.