This week's hot headlines
Buzziest bar patios top this week's 5 most popular Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 5 best bar patios to hit in May. Patios are a hot topic in town, especially this month, when the weather (mostly) cooperates to create a comfortable outdoor experience. But sometimes our patio desires don’t involve a desire to order a meal. Here are five of Fort Worth’s best bar patios to check out before the scorching summer arrives in June.
2. Shocking sudden closure leads this round of Fort Worth restaurant news. This roundup of restaurant news around Fort Worth has much good news: ice cream in Southlake, ramen in Keller, salads in Denton, and pizza in the Near Southside. Sadly, there's a big closure and the clock is ticking. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
3. Bakery-cafe with sourdough bread and cookies soon to break in Fort Worth. A new sourdough bakery and café will soon rise in southwest Fort Worth: The Sour Boule – named for the round loaf of French-style crusty bread – is set to take over the former Busy B’s Bakery space at 3701 Southwest Blvd. The bakery is from Alexis Misner, who has been selling sourdough bread and cookies under the name "Misner Family Farms" at local farmers markets for the past year.
4. Toys R Us to open its first airport store at Dallas-Fort Worth Airport. Global toy store chain Toys R Us is opening its very first location in an airport, and guess which airport that is: our own Dallas Fort Worth International Airport (DFW)! Yay. According to a release, the store will open in Terminal A, and is slated to open in time for holiday season 2023.
5. Biggest winners and fieriest moments from the 58th ACM Awards in Dallas-Fort Worth. Dolly Parton sang rock 'n' roll, wheeled a goat on stage, and Facetime'd with Willie Nelson. The 58th annual Academy of Country Music Awards - held Thursday, May 11 at the Star in Frisco - were a wild and sometimes wacky celebration of country music in 2023.