This week's hot headlines
New spot for chicken and biscuits rises in this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Rise Southern Biscuits and Chicken will open first Fort Worth location. Award-winning biscuits and chicken are coming to Fort Worth, via Rise Southern Biscuits and Righteous Chicken, a rapidly expanding breakfast and lunch concept from North Carolina that is making a splashy Dallas-Fort Worth debut. The Fort Worth restaurant will open at 7064 Blue Mound Rd. in summer 2024.
2. Burgers, pizza, and tacos top this roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news. The holidays may have been upon us, but that did not stop the bi-monthly roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news. There is always news to gather, whether from emails, press releases, or the worldwide web. Here's what's been happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
3. All the glittering Fort Worth galas and soirees to attend in spring 2024. It's time to send those gowns and tuxes to dry cleaning and dust off the "good" cowboy boots in hiding since Cowtown Ball. Fort Worth's 2024 spring gala season officially starts the first weekend of January and goes strong until May. These are all the spring 2024 fundraising galas to put in your social calendar (and buy tickets for) now.
4. Texas burger chain Whataburger expands chicken menu with new 'wings'. A rumor that has been circulating about Whataburger is true: They've added chicken "wings." Texas' favorite burger chain is kicking off 2024 with the release of their new boneless WhataWings, consisting of nine white-meat chicken bites, available in an array of four sauces.
5. These are the 10 hottest headlines that had Fort Worth talking in 2023. What was Fort Worth reading in 2023? We are so glad you asked. Readers craved news about a potential mega-metro that could rival DFW; Fort Worth's richest billionaire; and new hidden-gem restaurants and bar patios. Here's a look back at the 10 most-read CultureMap stories from the past year.