This week's hot headlines
Celeb chef's new BBQ tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that listhere.
1. Celeb chef Graham Elliot digs into barbecue in his new hometown Fort Worth. It’s been exactly one year since culinary TV celeb and two-time Michelin star recipient Graham Elliot made a permanent move to Fort Worth, and the self-proclaimed Navy brat (who’s traveled through all 50 states) has no plans to leave.
2. Fort Worth gets free rides on Trinity Metro buses and rail all November. Wheee free rides: Trinity Metro, the regional transportation system that provides public transportation to meet the mobility needs in Tarrant County, is offering free rides for all passengers throughout November. The agency is offering the freebie to celebrate its 40 years of serving the community.
3. Hearty dishes for fall warm up this Fort Worth restaurant news. It's time to round up all of the Fort Worth dining tidbits that have gathered in the in-box and on social media sites. This edition is dominated by new menus celebrating fall (and some celebrating happy hour). There are bread bowls, burgers of the month, and an irresistible-sounding baklava cheesecake.
4. Fort Worth restaurants serving Thanksgiving 2023 dinner, brunch, and to-go. With November upon us, it's about that time to be thinking about the culinary high point of the month: Thanksgiving feast. Fort Worth restaurants are prepping the butternut squash, corn souffles, and yam pudding as we speak. Especially since the 2023 holiday comes on the early side, on November 23.
5. California's Fatburger debuts Fort Worth-area location with a pizza twist. California's popular Fatburger chain has opened a new restaurant in the Dallas-Fort Worth area that's a twist from the rest: It's a Fatburger that's co-branded with Round Table Pizza. The location is now open in Bartonville, almost to Denton, at 3701 FM 407 #600.