This week's hot headlines
TRE train stations pull into this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. TRE to close Richland Hills train station and open new one in Fort Worth.There's a stop on the Trinity Railway Express (TRE) in the mid-cities that's closing, but where one stop closes, another opens. TRE, the commuter rail service between Fort Worth and Dallas, will close its Richland Hills Station after the end of service on Saturday, February 17. That will be replaced by a new Trinity Railway Express station nearby.
2. One Fort Worth restaurant got special treatment from TikTok foodie Keith Lee. Did you know viral TikTok food critic Keith Lee was in Dallas-Fort Worth? If you're online at all, his visit was impossible to miss. He was in DFW recently, eating at local restaurants and spurring headlines, fanfare, and endless social media posts. He came, he ate, he conquered.
3. CultureMap Fort Worth drops the 8 top Texas travel tips for February. February is the ultimate month for celebrating love, but that's not all that's happening around Texas this month. From Mardi Gras celebrations, to rodeo season, to romantic hotel escapes, there are plenty of ways to fill an itinerary in all of Texas' hot spots.
4. Worldly new restaurant-bar Atlas puts vintage Fort Worth building on the map. A new bar and restaurant specializing in globally-inspired food and drink has debuted in Fort Worth: Called Atlas, it's a spinoff of a Dallas concept of the same name, and it's now open in the South Main Village area in the Near Southside, at 314 S. Main St. #100, in a vintage industrial building that’s been converted into a retail development.
5. These are the 9 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. When Mardi Gras, Super Bowl Sunday, Lunar New Year, and Valentine’s Day all fall within a few days of each other, there’s no excuse for not having a good time. This week’s list includes events for all, including a roundup of Super Bowl specials whether dining in ordering game day grub to-go.