Meat Pie News
Famed Seattle piroshky bakery makes stop in Fort Worth on Texas-wide tour
A Seattle bakery is coming to Fort Worth for a special pop-up: Piroshky Piroshky Bakery, which specializes in handmade piroshki, AKA Russian hand pies, will stop in Fort Worth on a national tour.
The bakery will pop up at Martin House Brewing, 220 S Sylvania Ave., on October 4 from 5-7 pm, with luscious offerings, both savory and sweet.
Piroshkis are small pies of Russian origin, made from an enriched yeast dough, with savory fillings like meat, vegetables, or cheese, the most traditional being meat and rice or potato and onion.
Piroshky Piroshky Bakery was founded in Seattle in 1992, and offer their pastries in all sorts of delectable fillings: from beef & cheese to cabbage & onion to vegan-friendly mushroom & potato.
Their piroshky are individually made from scratch and hand-formed into unique shapes that help differentiate the flavors and fillings inside.
They make sweet pastries, as well.
The company has five locations across Seattle, and also sells their products online. Their original location at Seattle's Pike Place Market serves more than 20 varieties.
But they also make annual tours, just like a rock band, to bring their goods to towns across the U.S. They previously came through Fort Worth in February 2022.
The tour features options such as:
- Smoked salmon pate piroshky
- Beef & onion piroshy
- Impossible beef & onion piroshky
- Ham, spinach, & cheese piroshky
- Potato & cheese piroshky
- Veggie chipotle piroshky
- Chocolate cream hazelnut roll
- Cinnamon cardamom braid
- Pumpkin toffee braid
- Caraway cheddar cheese stick
- Poppyseed cinnamon roll
The full menu is online, and pre-ordering is required. The cutoff order date for Fort Worth is October 2 at 4 pm. There's a minimum of $50; individual items run between $5.25 to $7.25.
In addition to Fort Worth, they're also making three other stops in Texas:
- Dallas at Outfit Brewing, 135 John W. Carpenter Fwy, on October 5, from 5-7 pm. You must order by October 3; pre-order here.
- Austin at Twin Creeks Park, 2303 Dervingham Drive, Cedar Park, on October 6, from 5-7 pm; pre-order here.
- Houston at Elks Lodge, 10150 W Airport Blvd, Stafford, on October 7, from 5-7 pm; pre-order here.