By at least one measure, Grapevine is home to a top-10 hotel in Texas. Conde Nast Traveler just named Hotel Vin, Autograph Collection among the very best.
On October 5, Conde Nast Traveler released the results of its 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards. The Hotel Vin — a wine-themed hotel along Grapevine's buzzy Main Street — comes in at No. 10 among the top 20 properties in Texas.
The list includes an impressive seven Dallas-Fort Worth hotels, but Hotel Vin deserves a toast as the only one outside of Dallas proper to make the cut. Having just debuted in fall 2020, Hotel Vin is also among the newest hotels to appear on this year's list.
The DFW hotels appearing among the top 20 properties in Texas are:
- Hotel Crescent Court, Dallas, No. 2.
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas, No. 4.
- Virgin Hotels Dallas, No. 5.
- HALL Arts Hotel, Dallas, No. 6.
- Hotel ZaZa Dallas Uptown, No. 7.
- Hotel Vin, Autograph Collection, Grapevine, No. 10.
- The Joule, Dallas, No. 14.
The publication named the Fairmont Austin the No. 1 hotel in Texas. The 37-story, 1,048-room Fairmont Austin opened in 2018 near the Austin Convention Center in downtown Austin. At the time, the $350 million project was the Fairmont hotel chain’s second-largest property in the world. French hospitality company Accor operates the hotel.
For this year’s Conde Nast Traveler Readers’ Choice Awards, the magazine surveyed more than 800,000 readers from April 1 through May 31. Readers rated hotels on these criteria: rooms, service, food, design, location, value, and activities and facilities.
"As the world has begun to reopen, the results reflect the kinds of properties you longed to visit when you couldn’t travel and the ones you returned to first once you could," the magazine says. "While we’re always curious about where you’ve been and where you’re going, we’re especially excited to learn about the truly memorable places that sparked your imagination and stayed with you when your next trip seemed out of reach."
Part of the new, $114 million Grapevine Main development, the 120-room Hotel Vin nods to the city's history as a wine-producing region. From design flourishes to an exclusive glassware program, the luxury hotel's wine motif is carried through in refined ways reminiscent of a high-end Napa Valley resort.
The hotel houses three distinct eateries: the premier Bacchus Kitchen + Bar, the tapas-style Rioja Rooftop Terrace, and the Harvest Hall food hall. Last winter, they introduced fun little "igloos" on their rooftop that let patrons hang outside in a weatherproof environment; the trendy bubbles were a hot attraction, even among non-hotel guests.
Here’s the full list of the top hotels in Texas:
- Fairmont Austin.
- Hotel Crescent Court, Dallas.
- Archer Hotel Austin.
- Rosewood Mansion on Turtle Creek, Dallas.
- Virgin Hotels Dallas.
- HALL Arts Hotel, Dallas.
- Hotel ZaZa Dallas Uptown.
- Commodore Perry Estate, Auberge Resorts Collection, Austin.
- The Post Oak Hotel at Uptown Houston.
- Hotel Vin, Autograph Collection, Grapevine.
- Hotel ZaZa Austin.
- The Stella Hotel, Bryan.
- The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa, Houston.
- The Joule, Dallas.
- Hotel Valencia Riverwalk, San Antonio.
- Hotel Emma, San Antonio.
- Hotel ZaZa Houston Museum District.
- Hotel Saint George, Marfa.
- Hotel ZaZa Houston Memorial City.
- Lone Star Court, a Valencia Hotel, Austin.