This Week's Hot Headlines
Where to drink during Rodeo tops off this week's 5 most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Where to drink right now: 17 best bars to hit during Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo. In Fort Worth, Rodeo is a season — just like spring, summer, and “holiday.” After last year’s Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo was COVID-canceled, it's finally back for 2022. Where to go after the show? For those comfortable going out, here are some of the best bars to partake in the "rodeo scene," whether before or after a visit to FWSSR, or even boot scootin’ late into the night.
2. Concerts in the Garden 2022 sprouts up on Fort Worth Symphony's new season. The Music of the Eagles has landed. After two years without Fort Worth's favorite outdoor music series, Concerts in the Garden is coming back this year. The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra unveiled the hot summer lineup, along with the entire 2022-23 season, on Wednesday, January 12.
3. This fetching Fort Worth neighbor led the way for sky-high rent hikes in 2021, says report. A recent New York Times article suddenly shot Euless to superstardom as the best place to live in the U.S. But now it has another, more dubious claim to fame: It's the Dallas-Fort Worth city with biggest sticker shock for renters last year. An analysis found the typical rent for a one-bedroom apartment in Euless jumped a whopping 25.3 percent from December 2020 to December 2021.
4. Houston's most famous po'boy sandwiches get exported to Fort Worth. A sandwich maker beloved to Houston is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Antone's Famous Po' Boys, known for its cold, grab-and-go sandwiches wrapped in trademark white paper, has expanded its footprint to more than 100 supermarkets in North Texas, including select Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertsons, and Market Street stores.
5. Girl Scouts set opening date for 2022 cookie season in Fort Worth. Fort Worth's Girl Scout Cookie season for 2022 started on Friday, January 14, and it arrived with a new flavor. Called Adventurefuls, it's a brownie-inspired cookie with caramel-flavored crème and sea salt.