Houston's most famous po'boy sandwiches get exported to Fort Worth
A sandwich maker beloved to Houston is coming to Dallas-Fort Worth: Antone's Famous Po' Boys, known for its cold, grab-and-go sandwiches wrapped in trademark white paper, has expanded its footprint to more than 100 supermarkets in North Texas and East Louisiana.
According to a release, their sandwiches can now be found at select Kroger, Tom Thumb, Albertsons, and Market Street Stores across DFW and Shreveport.
Signature sandwiches include:
- The Original: Ham, Salami, Provolone, chow chow relish, mayo, and pickles
- Super Original: Same as original but with extra meat and cheese
- The Piggy: A blend of chopped ham, salami, pepper jack, and provolone with mayo, pickapeppa sauce, and dill pickles
- Tuna: House-made tuna salad, provolone, and pickles
- Turkey & Swiss: Oven roasted turkey, swiss cheese, mayo, and sweet & spicy pickles
- Premium Roast Beef: Roast beef, sharp white cheddar, creamy horseradish, and sweet and spicy pickles
The po' boy brand has been a Houston institution since it opened in 1962. The expansion comes on the cusp of the company's 60th anniversary.
"We are excited to finally make our po' boys available to folks in North Texas," says Antone's CEO Craig Lieberman in a statement. "It's been a matter of expanding our production facility, which gives us the ability to deliver a consistent, fresh product daily – one that Texans in other parts of the state have come to enjoy."
"We are hoping to provide Antone's to more locations in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex by the end of 2022," Leiberman says.
The company was founded as Antone's Import Company by Jalal Antone, the son of Lebanese immigrants, and began as a fast-casual sandwich concept known for po' boys, gumbos, and sides made daily. Everyone knows that when it comes to great food, Lebanese people know what they're doing.
In addition to po' boys, their menu includes deli-style sandwiches, seafood platters, and salads.
Antone's has two full-service locations in Houston: West Loop at 4520 San Felipe and North Loop at 2724 W TC Jester. They expanded distribution to Central Texas in 2018. Dallas-Fort Worth is their third major market in Texas.
The sandwiches are sold in grocery stores across Houston and Central Texas including H-E-B, Randall's, Kroger, Brookshire Brothers, and airports including Austin-Bergstrom International Airport and George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.
Plus food service outlets in Houston such as Texas Children's Hospital, MD Anderson's Rotary House, Kyle Field at Texas A&M, and in Austin at Darrell K Royal-Texas Memorial Stadium, and Antone's Nightclub.
So they're currently available in Houston, Austin, Dallas, and Fort Worth, which is four out of the five cities where CultureMap has a bureau. (The only CultureMap city they're missing is San Antonio.) They obviously know what's up.
Locations around Fort Worth include:
- 2110 E. Southlake Blvd., Southlake
- 3300 E. Broad St., Mansfield
- 3001 Matlock Rd., Mansfield
- 5701 W. Pleasant Ridge Rd., Arlington
- 5101 W. Sublett Rd., Arlington
- 9150 N. Tarrant Pkwy., North Richland Hills
- 5241 N. Tarrant Pkwy., Fort Worth
- 6650 N. Beach St., Fort Worth
- 12600 N. Beach St., Fort Worth
- 3120 S. University Dr., Fort Worth
- 4750 W. Bailey Boswell Rd., Fort Worth
- 3300 Texas Sage Trl., Fort Worth
- 1060 N. Main St., Euless
- 1004 S. Crowley Rd., Crowley
- 1631 SW Wilshire Blvd., Burleson
- 1653 Basswood Blvd., Saginaw
- 1592 S. Loop 28, Denton
- 500 W. University Dr., Denton
- 945 W. Lamar Blvd., Arlington
- 5605 Colleyville Blvd., Colleyville
To find the closest Antone's Famous Po' Boy, consult their Po' Boy Tracker.