This Week's Hot Headlines
Miranda Lambert's epic shows top this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Miranda Lambert returns to stage for epic party at Fort Worth venue. Country music superstar Miranda Lambert will play three concerts in April as part of Billy Bob's Texas' epic 40th anniversary celebration, the Fort Worth venue announced February 8. All three sold out so quickly that Billy Bob's added two more shows, on May 1 and 2. Tickets go on sale March 5.
2. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 restaurants with A+ desserts. Dessert is a course that restaurants sometimes overlook. You might start with a cocktail, maybe an appetizer, and of course a great entree. But your meal is only as good as its last bite, especially on a day like Valentine's Day. For our February Where to Eat, we recommend five romantic spots with killer desserts.
3. The last Sears store in Dallas-Fort Worth will shutter in April. The last Sears store in Dallas-Fort Worth is closing. The store is at Town East Mall in Mesquite, and it's one of a dozen stores the department store chain is closing across the country. The store is slated to close in April, and sales have already begun.
4. At least 6 die in massive pileup on icy I-35 freeway in Fort Worth. Icy roads in Fort Worth contributed to a mass accident in which at least 65 people were injured and six people killed early February 11. The accident took place in the southbound express lanes of I-35W, near the Northside Drive exit. It involved 133 vehicles, including a number of 18-wheeler trucks, in a massive pileup. The names of those who lost their lives were released the next day.
5. Fort Worth sushi restaurant makes deal with New York's famed 'ramen junkie'. Flagship Restaurant Group, which owns Blue Sushi Sake Grill, has launched a partnership that will give Fort Worth diners a taste of ramen that's internationally known. It has partnered with famed ramen master Ivan Orkin, star of Chef's Table, to create a program whereby locations of Blue Sushi Sake Grill will prepare Orkin's ramen, fried chicken, steamed pork buns, and more, and make them available for takeout and delivery.