This Week's Hot Headlines
2 hot Dickies Arena shows top this week's most-read Fort Worth stories
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth's Dickies Arena secures the only Texas stops for 2 major musicians. Both Paul McCartney and Chris Stapleton have chosen Dickies Arena in Fort Worth as their only stop in Texas on their forthcoming tours, making the venue the envy of many others in Texas. Tickets for both shows have just gone on sale.
2. Affluent Fort Worth neighbor charges ahead with highest credit scores in Texas. Give the residents of Colleyville some credit. They’re able to brag about achieving the highest credit scores in Texas. A new study from personal finance website WalletHub shows the median credit score of a Colleyville resident is 777. Among the 2,572 U.S. cities covered in the study, Colleyville nabs a 23rd-place tie for the highest median credit score.
3. Two Hands hot dog joint imports Korean-style corn dogs to Fort Worth. A new restaurant is coming to Fort Worth for fans of corn dogs (which is pretty much everyone): Called Two Hands Seoul Fresh Corn Dogs, it's a chain that does a unique Korean twist on corn dogs, and will open its first Fort Worth location at the Hulen Mall.
4. 6 closures make this a sobering roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news. This is kind of a grim reaper's version of our semi-regular roundup of Fort Worth restaurant news, with a rather long list of closures. February has not been a good month for Fort Worth's restaurant scene. But there are also openings, new menus, awards, and contests to cheer us up.
5. These are the 11 best food and drink events in Fort Worth this week. Even with the mid-week deep freeze, it was another week with multiple reasons to celebrate, including Mardi Gras weekend. The good times will most certainly roll with a Mardi Gras brunch, gumbo cook-off, and even a parade this weekend. Break out the beads and boas, and save room for some king cake, too.