This Week's Hot Headlines
The Judds' coveted Fort Worth concert tops this week's 5 hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. For the best things to do this weekend, click here, and for the best dining options on Easter Sunday, click here.
1. The Judds choose Fort Worth as one of their final tour stops ever. Iconic country music duo The Judds are embarking on their first tour in over a decade, "The Final Tour," which will make a stop at Dickies Arena in Fort Worth on Saturday, October 22. Fort Worth is one of only 10 cities, and the only city in Texas, on the arena tour; tickets went on sale Friday, April 15.
2. Fun new sports bar in Bedford gives mid-cities something to drink about. Like any town, Bedford could use more bars, so let's welcome Central Office Bar & Kitchen, a new sports bar and restaurant that opened in March in a comfy spot at 2208 Central Dr. where they're serving all of your bar essentials and more. Cold beer, cocktails, food, and a fun atmosphere are are always on "the day's agenda," they say, because of that office theme, get it.
3. 48 Hours covers horrifying Dallas murder-for-hire by Oak Cliff wife. A horrifying murder that took place one morning on an Oak Cliff street was the subject of a new episode of 48 Hours. Called "The Plot to Kill Jamie Faith," the show was broadcast on Saturday, April 9 on the CBS Television Network and is now available to stream on Paramount+.
4. Fort Worth's iconic Paris Coffee Shop predicts May for reopening date. Breakfast lovers, take note: Paris Coffee Shop, one of Fort Worth's oldest restaurants, which closed in September 2021 for a renovation, is targeting May for its anticipated reopening. The iconic restaurant on Magnolia Avenue has been in the midst of a renovation since the fall.
5. Innovative new Southlake medspa is laser-focused on aging well. A Dallas-based medspa is taking its lasers to the 'burbs: Vitalyc Medspa will open its third area location, at 1071 E. Southlake Blvd. in Southlake's Park Village, on Thursday, April 21. Known as a luxury wellness destination that features best-in-class equipment and non-invasive treatments that don’t interfere with daily life, Vitalyc offers cutting-edge non-invasive treatments for the face, body, and skin.