This Week's Hot Headlines
Best new bar patios spring to top of this week's hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. Where to drink in Fort Worth: 6 best new bar patios for spring. With more sunshiny hours in the day (and no mosquitos just yet), patio season is officially here. Thanks to the pandemic, bar patios are more popular than ever as folks seek safe ways to gather with friends again. (Just remember your mask when you walk inside.)
2. Glitzy new golf-themed entertainment venue swings open in Fort Worth. A sprawling new golf-themed "eatertainment" venue called BigShots Golf finally has opened in far north Fort Worth, offering a little something fun for everyone — from avid golfers to connoisseurs of Hot Cheetos.
3. Where to see beautiful bluebonnets in DFW and around Texas this spring. April is that magnificent month when bluebonnets blanket fields, pop up in parks, and dot roadways in every corner of Texas. We've compiled areas in Dallas-Fort Worth and around Texas where folks have reported beautiful bluebonnets already, or where they're reliable for gorgeous photos every spring.
4. Immersive Frida Kahlo show blossoms at outdoor Texas museum. The San Antonio Botanical Garden is about to become an oasis worthy of one of the most celebrated artists of all time. The venue, essentially a living museum of plant life and nature, will host the world debut of "Frida Kahlo Oasis," an immersive exhibition that aims to bring to life the artist’s connection with native Mexican vegetation and the natural world.
5. La Madeleine to open cafes inside Walmarts around Dallas-Fort Worth. La Madeleine French Bakery & Café has formed an innovative new partnership that will bring some of its treasured foodstuffs to a surprising place: Walmart.