La Madeleine French Bakery & Café has formed an innovative new partnership that will bring some of its treasured foodstuffs to a surprising place: Walmart.
According to a release, the company has created a new prototype concept called La Madeleine Express.
The prototype will consist of mini cafes with a smaller footprint — 980 to 2,209 square feet — than their usual stores that open inside Walmart stores.
The first 10 test locations will debut in Dallas-Fort Worth, as follows:
- Garland - 5302 N. Garland Ave.
- Cleburne - 1616 W. Henderson Ave.
- Dallas - 1521 N. Cockrell Hill Rd.
- Denton - 2850 W. University Dr.
- Fort Worth - 6300 Oakmont Blvd.
- Granbury - 735 E. Hwy. 377
- Lewisville - 190 E. Round Grove Rd.
- Mesquite - 200 US Hwy. 80 E.
- North Richland Hills - 6401 NE Loop 820
- Rowlett - 2501 Lakeview Pkwy.
The cafes will begin to open in July, with the Garland location first to open, followed by the other nine.
La Madeleine Express will offer a grab 'n go menu, but will also feature an option to relax and dine-in.
The menu will feature fan favorites like la Madeleine’s Chicken Caesar Salad and Tomato Basil Soup, as well as new items including pizzas, that have been created specifically for its Walmart locations.
Each Express will also have a retail area featuring menu bestsellers as well as a new line of bottled and canned items such as soups, jams, and sauces.