This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. For the best things to do this weekend, click here.
1. Time to raise a glass to the 10 best bars in Fort Worth for 2022. Pour yourself a drink for this entry in the 2022 edition of the annual Tastemaker Awards, CultureMap's culinary celebration shining a light on the top talent in Fort Worth's restaurant and bar communities. Part of that celebration includes a five-part editorial series with profiles of nominees. The category we're here to toast is Bar of the Year, and this year's crop of 10 nominees ranges from neighborhood favorites to hotel bars to places where you can get a nice glass of wine.
2. Where to drink in Fort Worth right now: 6 best new bars for April. Spring is a season for new life — and another round of newly budded bars. This month the lineup gets creative with fun themes, big footprints, and a couple of hidden agendas. (One brings new meaning to knocking out a load of laundry.) Here are Fort Worth’s newest watering holes, all worth a stop and a sip (or two) in April and beyond.
3. Here's how much house you can buy for $350,000 in Fort Worth right now, report says. When it comes to buying a home that supplies the most space for the price, Fort Worth reigns as one of the most desirable big cities in the U.S., a new study indicates. For the study, real estate platform RealtyHop looked at how much square footage a homebuyer could get for a median price of $350,000 in the country’s 100 largest cities.
4. Exciting new openings on the horizon in this Fort Worth restaurant news. This roundup of dining news around Fort Worth includes tasty bites about new openings, new menus, and new seasonal specials, including a tempting vegan version of shepherd's pie. Here's what's happening in Fort Worth restaurant news.
5. Step inside the Upside Down at new Stranger Things experience premiering in Grapevine. Stranger Things fans, prepare to enter the Upside Down: a new immersive experience based on the Netflix hit is premiering in Grapevine Mills mall. According to the mall's website, the Stranger Things Store will debut Wednesday, May 25, and will include some of the show's most recognizable locations, "gnarly merch, and rad activities."