As concerns regarding the spread of the coronavirus and government restrictions on group gatherings continue, more event cancellations, postponements, and reschedulings are being announced every day in Dallas-Fort Worth. In an effort to keep you as up-to-date as possible, we'll compile a list of different announcements every week.
Even though new in-person and virtual events are on the uptick, you may want to check with the presenting organization or venue regarding the status of any particular event to be sure you're up to speed.
- AIDS Outreach Center presents Evening of Hope: This fundraiser, scheduled for September 12 at Ridglea Country Club, has been transitioned into a virtual event.
- Billy Bob's Texas: Even as the concert venue is building up its schedule again, rescheduling concerts like Roger Creager (originally July 17, now October 16), it has postponed the concert by Justin Moore on September 26 to an undetermined date. The Texas Country Music Awards have also been rescheduled from September 20 to November 15.
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation presents Great Strides: This fundraising event, scheduled for September 13 at Panther Island Pavilion, has been transitioned into a virtual event.
- Goodguys 28th Summit Racing Lone Star Nationals: This car event, scheduled for September 25-27 at Texas Motor Speedway, has been canceled. It will return in 2021.
- Helen Hong: The appearance by comedian at Hyena's Fort Worth, scheduled for October 1-3, has been canceled.
- KISS: This concert, scheduled for October 2 at Dickies Arena, has been rescheduled for October 1, 2021.
- National Theatre Live: The screenings of Present Laughter, originally scheduled for June 10 and 13 at The Modern Art Museum of Fort Worth, have been rescheduled for September 2 and 5. The screenings of Jack Absolute Flies Again, scheduled for September 30 and October 3, have been canceled.
- St. Jude Walk/Run to End Childhood Cancer: This fundraising event, scheduled for September 19 at Panther Island Pavilion, has been transitioned into a virtual event.
- The Levitt Pavilion for the Performing Arts: The music venue has transitioned all concerts through October 2 from in-person events to virtual ones. The Styx concert on October 10 is still scheduled to take place in person for now.
- America: This concert, scheduled for September 19 at Annette Strauss Square, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Austin Street Center presents Humble Beginnings Luncheon: This charity event featuring a performance by Leslie Odom, Jr., scheduled for September 25 at Omni Dallas Hotel, has been transformed into a online-only event. It will still feature Odom in a virtual appearance.
- B. Moore Dance: The dance company, which was scheduled to perform July 16-18 at Hamon Hall, has been rescheduled for September 25 at Annette Strauss Square with a different performance, ROOTED: Envisage Dance Installations.
- Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden presents Cool Thursdays Concert Series: The annual concert series, which had previously canceled the spring portion, has now also canceled the fall portion, which was to have run September 1-November 5.
- Dallas Guitar Festival: The annual festival celebrating everything guitar, originally scheduled in May at Dallas Market Hall and then rescheduled twice, most recently to September 25-27, has been pushed again to its normal annual weekend, April 30-May 2, 2021.
- Dallas Symphony Orchestra: The symphony's annual gala, scheduled for September 12 at Meyerson Symphony Center, has been canceled.
- David Foster: This concert, originally scheduled for May 14 at Majestic Theatre and then rescheduled for January 16, 2021, has now been canceled.
- EarthXGlobalGala: This event, scheduled for September 26 at The Statler Hotel, has been transitioned into a virtual event, now scheduled for October 22.
- Flamenco Fever: This concert from Ida Y Vuelta Flamenco, originally scheduled for April 23-25 at Wyly Theatre, has been rescheduled for September 11 and possibly September 12 at Annette Strauss Square.
- Jenna Bush Hager: The appearance by the author/TV personality, scheduled for April 25 at Winspear Opera House and then rescheduled for October 4, has been transitioned into a virtual event that will now take place on September 8.
- Middleditch & Schwartz: This improv comedy show starring Thomas Middleditch and Ben Schwartz, scheduled for September 18 at Majestic Theatre, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Theatre Three: The theater company's production of The Rocky Horror Show, scheduled for October 1-November 1, has been canceled. It has been replaced with the virtual show, It Came from Theatre Three, running October 19-November 1. The production of The Bippy Bobby Boo Show, scheduled for October 15-31, has been changed into a virtual show, running October 23-November 3.
- Todd Snider: This concert, originally scheduled for May 1 at The Kessler and then rescheduled for September 22, has been postponed to an undetermined date.
- Turtle Creek Conservancy presents Day at the Races: This fundraiser tied to the airing of the Kentucky Derby, scheduled for September 5 at Arlington Hall at Turtle Creek Park, has been transitioned into a virtual event.
- Uptown Players: The theater company's bonus production of Del Shores' A Very Sordid Wedding, originally scheduled for August 21-30 and then changed into a one-night-only performance on September 7, has been postponed again to an undetermined date.
- West Dallas Community School 25th Gala: This fundraiser, scheduled for September 10 at Belo Mansion & Pavilion, has been rescheduled for April 8, 2021.
- Wilkinson Center presents The Spirit of Taos: This fundraiser, scheduled for September 19 at Belo Mansion & Pavilion, has been canceled.
- Natasha Leggero and Moshe Kasher: The joint show by the married comedians, scheduled for October 1-3 at Improv Addison, has been canceled.
- Mainstage Irving-Las Colinas: The theater company's production of Inherit the Wind, originally scheduled March 20-April 4 and then postponed to September 4-13, has now been canceled.
- Parkway Drive: This concert, scheduled for September 17 at The Pavilion at Toyota Music Factory, has been rescheduled for September 29, 2021.
- Anomaly: The Magic of Robby Bennett and Other Curiosities: This magic show, scheduled for September 18 at Eisemann Center for the Performing Arts, has been canceled.