This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. A little birdie social club with patios galore has opened in Fort Worth. A veteran bar group in Fort Worth is debuting a new venue: Called Birdie's Social Club, it's in the Cultural District at a familiar address: 2736 W 6th St., IE, the space that was formerly Lola's, which is relocating. Birdie's is a casual, open-air concept, spanning the entire block between 5th and 6th streets, with three indoor and outdoor bars, multiple patios, food, drinks, and entertainment.
2. Fort Worth bar is one of 9 across the U.S. to host spooky Halloween pop-up. A Fort Worth bar is one of the few bars across the U.S. chosen to host a special pop-up with a Halloween theme. Called Black Lagoon, it's an immersive Halloween pop-up bar concept that will hit nine cities across the U.S., and that includes Nickel City, the neighborhood bar located at 212 S. Main St. in Fort Worth.
3. Where to eat in Fort Worth right now: 5 must-try restaurants for August. The August edition of Where to Eat is mostly about new places, including one from California doing spicy chicken sandwiches and one that cleverly combines Mediterranean food with a Texas touch. There's also sushi in Southlake, lemonade on West 7th, and a longtime Mexican restaurant reopening. Here's where to eat in Fort Worth right now.
4. Vonlane expands luxury bus service from Fort Worth to 2 popular Texas cities. In welcome news for Fort Worth travelers seeking alternatives to flying or filling their tanks, Vonlane has ramped up service to two popular Texas destinations. The luxury bus operator has introduced two new departures, on peak travel days, from Fort Worth to and from Austin and Houston (for a total of four daily excursions between each city).
5. Enchant, 'world's largest' holiday lights spectacular, powers back up in North Texas for 2022. Dallas-Fort Worth will shine bright through the 2022 holiday season with the return of Enchant, the magical Christmas lights event that's been dazzling DFW at various locations — on and off — since 2017. For the second year in a row, Dallas' Fair Park will be the setting for the spectacular lights event, which will power up on November 25.