This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want a list of best things to do this weekend? Find that here.
1. Fort Worth billionaire and family reign as the world’s richest clan. It’s hardly a surprise that America’s Walton family, including Fort Worth billionaire Alice Walton, remains the world’s richest family. What’s truly stunning is how much their wealth has grown in the past year — by more than $23 billion.
2. These Dallas-Fort Worth restaurants serve Hawaii's trendy frozen Dole Whip. Dallas-Fort Worth has enjoyed a Hawaiian food wave in the past few years, starting with the poke trend in 2018 and more recently with Hawaiian-themed restaurants that specialize in the comforting "plate lunch" with rice and meat. All of this Hawaiian infusion brings us a sweet fringe benefit: the frozen treat commonly known as Dole Whip.
3. This Dallas-Fort Worth neighbor scores spot among top family-friendly suburbs in U.S. Coppell is on the map as a great place to live. Niche.com already ranks the Dallas-Fort Worth neighbor as the top suburb in Texas, and now Realtor.com has put Coppell toward the top of its new list of the best family-friendly suburbs in the U.S.
4. Brisket and tacos make this Fort Worth restaurant news extra tasty. This roundup of dining-themed news and press releases around Fort Worth includes openings, closings, and everything in between. There are new menus and new chefs. There's tacos, burgers, brisket, and booze.
5. Fort Worth Symphony pulses with fresh new energy at Opening Night Celebration. Like a concert score that shifts tempo from adagio to vivace, the Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra opened its new symphonic season with some refreshing and unexpected vigor at both a concert and celebratory after-party on Friday, September 17.