Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want a list of best things to do this weekend? Find that here.
1. Fort Worth museum debuts new adults-only nights for arts & craft cocktails. After its blow-out 60th birthday party, the Amon Carter Museum of American Art is still feeling festive. The Fort Worth museum is launching a new monthly series, Second Thursdays at the Carter, that stirs together one part cocktails, one part conversation, and one part creativity to connect adults with art.
2. Fort Worth scores its own Cidercade, new cider and arcade game room. A popular and growing cider-and-game concept is headed to Fort Worth: Called Cidercade Fort Worth, it's a new cider tap room and game arcade that will open at 1813 W. Bowie St., #101, in the District 90 complex off Cleburne Road.
3. Biggest lake in Texas southeast of Fort Worth is for sale for $110M and change. There's a private lake for sale that's being billed as the largest private lake in Texas: Fairfield Lake, a 2,400-acre body of water located in Freestone County that's one of the most unique rural land assets in the country. The lake is surrounded by 21+ miles of undeveloped and elevated shoreline. It's now on the market for $110,550,000.
4. Grapevine hotel uncorks ranking as No. 10 in Texas in new Conde Nast Traveler awards. By at least one measure, Grapevine is home to a top-10 hotel in Texas. On October 5, Conde Nast Traveler released the results of its 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards. The Hotel Vin — a wine-themed hotel along Grapevine's buzzy Main Street — comes in at No. 10 among the top 20 properties in Texas.
5. Popular Fatburger chain from California flips new burger spot in Arlington. There's a burger place opening in Arlington that's not only notable locally but also with (just the tiniest of) national significance: It's a new location of Fatburger, the Los Angeles-based cult favorite, opening in a now-closed BurgerFi, at 1807 N. Collins St., #101, part of a co-branded concept with Buffalo's Express, a chain that specializes in wings.