This Week's Hot Headlines
Fort Worth BBQ crowned Texas' best in this week's 5 hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Want a list of best things to do this weekend? Find that here.
1. Fort Worth reigns supreme in Texas Monthly's new top 50 barbecue list. Texas magazine Texas Monthly has shaken up the barbecue world. Their newly released list of the state’s top 50 barbecue joints makes major changes to the conventional wisdom surrounding where to find the best 'cue in Texas. Topping the list? Fort Worth's own Goldee’s Barbecue. Rounding out the top 10 is Panther City BBQ, another Fort Worth favorite.
2. Fort Worth burger king Fred's Texas Cafe is leaving West 7th location. After nearly a half century, a legendary Fort Worth burger joint is on the move: Fred's Texas Cafe is closing its original location off West 7th Street and relocating to West Fort Worth. The flagship location at 915 Currie St. will close its doors on December 31. It'll relocate to the new, bigger space at 7101 Camp Bowie West in early spring.
3. Secret hidden speakeasy bars are the hottest bar trend in Dallas-Fort Worth right now. It's probably the biggest trend in Dallas-Fort Worth bars right now: the Prohibition-era speakeasy bar, a catch-all term that operators are using to describe — well, it's evolving into a whole host of things. Here's all the speakeasy bars that have arisen, maybe not so secretly, around DFW.
4. Luxury bus service drives into DFW with $15 fares to top Texas destinations. A luxury bus line just rolled out its nonstop service in Dallas, Austin, College Station, Houston, and Waco. Orlando, Florida-based RedCoach, which launched in 2010, announced its entry into the Texas market on Monday, October 18. To celebrate the Texas expansion, RedCoach is offering $15 fares for in-state routes from now until November 16.
5. Cheerful new vegan burger joint in Fort Worth makes it all from scratch. Fort Worth has been blessed with an exciting new restaurant specializing in vegan burgers: Called Zonk Burger, it just opened in a former doughnut shop at 2912 Race St., where it's serving a variety of vegan burgers, sandwiches, and fries.