This Week's Hot Headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. New Fort Worth BBQ restaurant Poppin' Fresh serves a lil' soul food on the side. A new restaurant specializing in two of Fort Worth's most cherished cuisines has snagged a primo spot on the city’s far west side: Poppin' Fresh BBQ and Soul Food will open at 7709 Camp Bowie West Blvd., the building recently vacated by local favorite Billy’s Oak Acres BBQ.
2. Favorite Fort Worth wine bar WineHaus gets a second chance with new owners. In surprise-good news for Fort Worth wine lovers, beloved boutique wine bar WineHaus has been resuscitated after shutting off the taps last August. The Near Southside hot spot reopened Monday, November 23 at its original location, 1628 Park Place Ave., under new ownership.
3. Cocktail and pizza patio debuts in buzzy upcoming Fort Worth district. A new craft cocktail bar and gourmet pizza concept will soon open in an up-and-coming area on the city’s south side, not far from TCU. Called Smokestack 1948, it’s an all-in-one bar/food trailer/live music venue that takes its inspiration from the convivial outdoor food truck parks you might find in Austin.
4. Olivella's Fort Worth closes but rolls out novel new concept down the road. Olivella's, the Italian restaurant featuring Neapolitan pizza that opened in 2016 in the Village at Camp Bowie, is closing after four years. But it's is not leaving Fort Worth. Instead, owner Charlie Green will re-open the restaurant as a delivery and take-out model at 4910 Camp Bowie Blvd., across from Kincaid's.
5. These are the 9 best things to do in Fort Worth this Thanksgiving weekend. The best ways to spend your free time this long Thanksgiving weekend include the Fort Worth Symphony's beloved "Home for the Holidays" concert, a virtual European-style Christmas market, and a dazzling drive-thru lights experience at Texas Motor Speedway.