This week's hot headlines
Filming of Christmas movie tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. Fort Worth area keeps winning streak with new movie filming in Granbury. Everyone loves when a movie filming is in town, and there's one going down right now in Granbury, the quaint town 38 miles southwest of Fort Worth. Oh and it's a holiday movie, which makes it even better. According to a release, it's called A Christmas Heart, and is a drama about faith, family, and forgiveness.
2. Fort Worth named among 50 best places to travel in 2024 by Travel + Leisure. Fort Worth residents may want to forgo their travel plans next year and opt for a staycation. A new Travel + Leisure report has named Fort Worth one of the The 50 Best Places to Travel in 2024, specifically highlighting the region for its "big-city thrills."
3. Smokey Robinson is surprise act at Fort Worth Stock Show 2024 concert series. The Fort Worth Stock Show & Rodeo returns for 2024 with a slate of live music acts that include a major name in R&B and a smattering of country singers. The surprise is Motown legend Smokey Robinson, plus five country acts: Sammy Kershaw, Old Crow Medicine Show, Trace Adkins, and Pam Tillis and Little Texas.
4. Pastries at bakery in Southlake look as good as they taste. A new bakery in Southlake is sweetening the local pastry game. Called D'Caramel Patisserie, it's doing beautiful croissants and French desserts, as pretty to look at as they are to eat.
5. Top Fort Worth-area neighborhoods for magnificent Christmas lights in 2023. When it comes to holiday decorating, Fort Worth-area homes and neighborhoods know how to bring the "merry and bright." Here is a list of top local homes and neighborhoods for Christmas light pilgrimages this season. And for a much longer list of spectacular Christmas lights around DFW, click here.