DFW James Beard Award semifinalists lead this week's hottest headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines. Looking for the best things to do this weekend? Find that list here.
1. 8 DFW chefs & restaurants make list of 2024 James Beard Award semifinalists. Three earned "national" rankings, considered to be slightly more prestigious than the Texas-only nominations received by the other five.
2. Fort Worth music venue and restaurant Post at River East about to close. But don't lose hope: The owners are seeking a new location.
3. Healthy restaurant HG Sply Co to open in Fort Worth with crowd-funding. The concept is big on covering all diets such as Paleo, low-carb, gluten-free, and vegan.
4. Growing DFW breakfast restaurant chain brings the bacon to Fort Worth. The restaurant's vision is to offer breakfast with the same upscale atmosphere as some of the other chains that have opened across DFW in recent years, but at a slightly lower price point.
5. 5 Mardi Gras celebrations around Texas that let the good times roll. All eyes are on New Orleans when it comes to Mardi Gras, but Texas has its share of events, too, with themes ranging from coastal to cowboy.