This week's hot headlines
Opening of Portillo's tops this week's 5 hottest Fort Worth headlines
Editor's note: A lot happened this week, so here's your chance to get caught up. Read on for the week's most popular headlines.
1. First Portillo's Chicago-style hot dog joint in Fort Worth opens its doors. The hot dogs have finally arrived: Portillo’s, the fast-casual restaurant concept known for Chicago-style street food, has opened its very first location in Fort Worth, at 8789 Tehama Ridge Pkwy., just in time for holiday hot dog noshing.
2. The 10 restaurant and bar stories that Fort Worth savored most in 2023. As we look back at the most-read dining stories of 2023, we see that Fort Worth was hungry for news of new restaurants serving all types of cuisine - dumplings, tacos, seafood, even cheesecake in jars. These were the most popular restaurant and bar stories of the year.
3. Meow Wolf and Yellowstone captivate Fort Worth as hottest A&E stories of 2023. The most-read arts & entertainment stories of 2023 covered topics ranging from the cancellation of a beloved air show to the crowning of a new Cliburn Junior competition winner. A big Yellowstone celebrity appearance got the most attention from readers, and the opening of Meow Wolf was THE big arts story of the year.
4. 11 best ways to ring in New Year's Eve in Dallas-Fort Worth. Dallas-Fort Worth has no shortage of ways to celebrate on New Year's Eve, with dozens of parties, soirees, and fun events all weekend. Some of the options out there are centered on dining out, and if you're seeking New Year's Eve dinner, that list is here.
5. Cheers to the best Fort Worth restaurants for brunch on New Year's Day 2024. New Year’s Day falls on a Monday, and some restaurants are opening up for brunch service to bring in 2024. It’s also National Bloody Mary Day, the perfect excuse to kick off the year with a cocktail – or cure a hangover from the night before. Here are some of Fort Worth’s best spots for New Year’s Day brunch.