Celebrity Chef News
Westin Southlake hotel restaurant reveals menu from chef Jenna Kinard
Count the days because Jellico's, a new restaurant in Southlake starring chef Jenna Kinard, has an opening date. According to a release, the restaurant formerly known as Seasons 114, opens on Wednesday, November 17.
The restaurant is on the first floor of the Westin Southlake Hotel at 1200 E. State Hwy. 114, and will offer breakfast, lunch, dinner and weekend brunch.
The name has a historical connection: It comes from the initial settlement, Jellico, which existed in Southlake from the late 1800s- early 1900s.
The cuisine is classic American with roots in the South but with a modern flair. In a statement, Kinard says Jellico's is more than just a dining experience, it’s a place to make memories with friends and family.
"We hope our guests feel a sense of comfort and familiarity when they dine with us from the recipes we have thoughtfully created over the past year to the warm and welcoming design of the restaurant to our Southern hospitality," she says.
The menu will include shareable dishes such as:
- Chili Garlic Chicken Wings – blistered shishito peppers, ginger and lemongrass infused chili oil, lime
- Tuna Crudo – cherry shoyu, avocado cucumber salad, ginger-lemongrass vinaigrette, toasted sesame
- Roasted Beets – honey whipped ricotta, pear, fig balsamic, pistachio; and Cheese & Charcuterie – grilled bread, cured meats, local cheese, seasonal fruits, vegetable pickles, jams, mustard.
Dinner entrée highlights include
- Josephine’s Burger (named after Kinard’s grandmother) – chuck, brisket and pork belly, sharp cheddar, bacon onion jam, black garlic aioli, marinated tomato, bibb lettuce
- Butternut Squash Ravioli – toasted walnut brown butter, enoki mushroom confit, fried sage, local honey, sea salt
- Roasted Chicken – pumpkin risotto, asiago, truffle, pomegranate
- Seared Halibut – braised brussels and golden potato, caramelized shallot, garlic white wine sauce, sea salt
- Shrimp & Grits – gouda, cream corn, lardon, smoked ham hock jus.
Lunch features lighter fare including
- Veggie Burger – farro, dates, sweet potato, piquillo peppers, sharp cheddar
- Fried Chicken Sandwich – chili mayo, sesame lime slaw, dill pickle, brioche bun
- Shrimp Tacos – garlic, sesame lime slaw, avocado cream, feta cheese, cilantro
- Toasted Grain Bowl – farro, kale, grilled mushrooms, curry winter squash, chili crema, farm egg (can add chicken, shrimp or steak for upcharge)
- Sesame Tuna Poke Bowl – jasmine rice, edamame, pickled carrot, avocado, ginger lemongrass vinaigrette.
Desserts menu include Coconut Panna Cotta, S’mores Pop Tart, and berry cobber.
There's a separate menu for weekend brunch with Blueberry Cobbler Pancakes, a "Texas Benny" on a buttermilk cornbread biscuit, and Chicken & Donuts with fried chicken, glazed cake donut, jalapeno-orange preserves, fried sage.
Adjacent to Jellico's is a lounge-style bar called The Curve, with cocktails such as the Billionaire Sour and a Prickly Pear Rita; and wine by the glass and bottle.
The space contains 2,100 square feet of interior dining with seating for 90, and a 1,500 square-foot patio with seating for 36. The Curve Lounge offers a 1,000 square-foot space with seating for 25.
The Westin Southlake is from Southlake resident Paul Barnham, of SRH Hospitality Holdings. The hotel has 261 rooms and suites, 34,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor events and meetings space, resort style pool, club level fitness facility, and three bars.
Kinard will act as Executive Chef for the entire property in charge of all F&B including room service, restaurant, bar and banquet.